INTEC Group is a positive workplace firm of talented and enthusiastic architects and interior designers developing inspiring and innovative design solutions for a wide variety of project sectors. Our Vision is to Enhance the Human Condition for our clients, our staff, our community and our region. Our culture considers each and every person in the firm as a leader at their respective level and we welcome their voice, their view and their vote on the progress and future direction of the firm. Our strong portfolio demonstrates expertise in base building design as well as specialty branded interiors for Hospitality, Corporate Office, Retail, Mixed-Use Developments, and Religious sector clients.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager who is self-motivated and a creative thinker to work on a variety of different project types. The successful candidate will have a passion to solve problems bigger than themselves. We welcome a team leader who not only contributes to the continued success of the firm, but who will promote and enhance a positive workplace culture which challenges, motivates and rewards team members as the organization continues to grow. Leaders at every level in our firm demonstrate our core values of Professionalism, Authenticity, and Leadership. As Senior Project Manager, it will be important to see a demonstrated track record exhibiting fluency with a variety of responsibilities including design excellence, consistent quality control, guiding and mentoring the team in a way that produces positive client and team feedback.
The position requires an Architectural degree or Interior Design degree from an accredited College or University and the ability to guide architectural and interior design projects at the appropriate pace and in keeping with the marketplace expectation. Experience with all phase of the project is important from the start of Programming/Visioning Sessions and Workplace Strategies design studies through Construction Administration. Knowledge of building and life safety codes and requirements for design planning for projects in DC, MD and VA is critical.
- BS or BA in Architecture or Interior Design.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Certified Interior Designer or Registered Architect preferred.
- Licensure in regional areas will be expected.
- LEED or Well Accreditation a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Excel and Word, PowerPoint, and InDesign.
- Knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite important.
- Understanding and ability to create construction documents and specifications, that succinctly, thoroughly and accurately describe the work to be done.
- Broad knowledge of building codes and standards.
- Team-oriented, with strong leadership and relationship management skills; willing to work collaboratively with project team members.
- Monitors the design process from conceptual phase through construction administration ensuring the design idea is consistent and well executed.
- Assists in developing schedules and phasing plan as required for projects.
- Monitors the project budget and makes necessary recommendations and adjustments throughout the course of a project to keep on budget.
- Performs initial code analysis and ensures design is compliant with codes and standards of the authority having jurisdiction.
- Sets the overall strategy for producing construction documents and identifies the sheets planned for each stage of the work.
- Develops solutions to technical problems and supervises project team members during all portions of the project.
- Ability to forecast hours needed to deliver on deadlines and design goals.
- Prepares technical drawings for a variety of project types and ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Coordinates with consultants, contractors, fabricators and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Participates in construction administration of projects assignments including evaluation of bids, review of shop drawings and submittals, quality control and site visits.
Excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Please reply to this post and send your resume, project experience list, work samples/portfolio, and salary requirements. No phone calls please.
Relocation expenses will not be provided.
INTEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: To be considered for this position submit your resume, along with work samples/portfolio, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruiters: Please don’t contact this job poster, and do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.