At INTEC Group, we’re about two things: people and design. More specifically, we’re about how design affects people. How they work, how they connect and how they find fulfillment. We believe design has the power to enhance the human condition, and we are passionate about doing just that.
INTEC is a mid-sized firm that provides its staff with the project opportunities and growth potential of a larger company along with the ability to be more intimately involved in projects, as is often anticipated in smaller firms. As a result, this is a unique opportunity for a hybrid position that will appeal to those that pride themselves on being able to strike the perfect balance between the right-brained and left-brained approach to their work; you will be asked to flex your creative muscles, put your technical knowledge and skills to the test and leverage your managerial and interpersonal skills by overseeing day-to-day collaborative project efforts with both staff and clients alike…and all in a typical day!
As a Project Architect/Manager on the INTEC Group team, you will:
- Lead project team through design and delivery processes, on various commercial development, renovation and/or construction projects.
- Prepare project schedules and cost estimates; monitor budgets, contractual obligations and deliverables.
- Manage workflow and production of deliverables of the team.
- Assist in the production of project designs, plans and specifications as required.
- Interface with clients, contractors, consultants, and permitting officials; successfully manage client expectations, team communication and oversight of consultant coordination.
- Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to resolve complex design challenges.
- Utilize hand sketches and 3D software to communicate design concepts and details.
- Perform a variety of construction administration services including punch list walk-thrus, review of shop drawings and change orders, conduct field observations, prepare meeting minutes and respond to payment application requests.
- Provide ongoing QA/QC of project deliverables.
- Make decisions that ensure both profitability and design quality.
- Maintain ongoing, positive and productive client relationships through successful project delivery.
- Work hard but play hard as well…actively contributing to office activities, cultural initiatives and learning opportunities.
Qualifications needed to be successful in this role include:
- Professional degree (Masters or Bachelor) in Architecture from an accredited school.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience focused on base building and commercial core and shell projects; commercial interiors experience is a plus.
- Professional license or certification preferred, but not required.
- LEED and or WELL accreditation preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup and other 3D modeling software
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle, from master planning through post-occupancy.
- Skillfully able to lead, manage and mentor multiple project teams along with the ability to navigate multiple projects, of varying size and scope, concurrently.
- Strong, comprehensive knowledge of building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
- Team-oriented, with strong leadership thorough and relationship management skills; willing to work collaboratively with project team members.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested candidates should submit your resume AND portfolio/work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone call, please.
Recruiters: Please don’t contact this job poster, and do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Why INTEC Group?
Hopefully it’s not news to you that INTEC Group is a forward-thinking, fully integrated Architecture and Interior Design Firm. What you might not know is that we focus on people; our corporate vision being: to enhance the human condition. You may be asking yourself, what does that mean? Well, here are a few examples: When it comes to our firm, each employee gets a view, a voice, or a vote. This means that everyone has the opportunity to be involved in the direction of the firm and we collaborate to achieve goals – together. Our clients are mission-driven companies that we empower through innovative and influential design solutions. This means exactly how it sounds; we’re good at design and we design for people. Lastly, we make it a priority to give back to others. As a firm and as individuals, we like to stay involved in our communities.
If you’re looking for more, our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, flex spending, 401K, paid holidays and a generous PTO policy. We could go on and on about all of our differentiators that set us apart, but if you’re the right fit, you’ll have plenty of time to learn more!