Hopefully it’s not news to you that INTEC Group is a forward-thinking, fully integrated Architecture and Interior Design Firm. What you might not know (unless you’ve really done your homework!) is that we focus on people; our corporate vision being: to enhance the human condition. You may be asking yourself, what does that mean? Well, here are a few examples: When it comes to our firm, each employee gets a view, a voice, or a vote. This means that everyone has the opportunity to be involved in the direction of the firm and we collaborate to achieve goals – together. Our clients are mission-driven companies that we empower through innovative and influential design solutions. This means exactly how it sounds; we’re good at design and we design for people. Lastly, we make it a priority to give back to others. As a firm and as individuals, we like to stay involved in our communities. We could go on and on about all the ways we like to give back, but you’ll have plenty of time to learn more!
You’re a creative thinker and you take pride in your work. Not just someone who tries to meet goals, but you thoroughly enjoy planning, interpreting, organizing, scheduling, and being involved in multiple projects. You have a passion to solve problems bigger than yourself and want to become a team member that not only contributes to the continued success of the firm, but enhances the culture which challenges, motivates, and rewards team members as the organization continues to grow. You have a successful track record exhibiting desire and ability to be a collaborative team member while providing production support for your team. You’re self-motivated and exude Professionalism, Authenticity and Leadership – the core values upon which our firm is based. You’re skilled with architecture and design, understanding architectural principles and techniques while you’re also knowledgeable about types of building materials, construction methods, and federal/state code requirements. You can’t help but smile when you’re working with staff and external clients to come up with ideas, design concepts, and innovative solutions. Finally, you take full responsibility for ensuring all goals are met. You may have to fake a smile on deadline day, but keeping calm under pressure is what you’re good at, right?
About the Job Title:
If all the above sounds spot-on to you and what you’re looking for in an opportunity, we just want to clarify a few additional expectations of the position that hopefully aren’t deal breakers. Our Associate Architects are responsible for production of multiple, concurrent design projects. You will assist in all design activities from the conceptual phase through construction administration and report directly to your Project Manager. Additionally, you’ll be able to share your wisdom with other team members (even some who are a little more seasoned – you’re never too old to learn) and you’ll learn a lot from them, too! The knowledge sharing possibilities are endless and collaboration keeps our designs fresh, innovative, and forward-thinking – just like us! So, if your human condition could use some enhancement, or if you, hands-down, believe you are the best fit – you may be our IBAE (Interview Before Anyone Else); because in addition to all that, who else likes animals, can tell a good joke, is a champion of “pause for fun,” enjoys eating goodies left in the kitchen, AND makes a difference in the lives of everyone around them each day?!
Need more details? How about a break down.
- B.S. or B.A. in Architecture with 2-4 years of relevant experience focused on base building and commercial core and shell projects.
- LEED accreditation preferred but not required.
- Works proficiently with AutoCAD, REVIT, SketchUp, SU Podium, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office programs.
- Desire and ability to learn how to manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination including full document coordination with MEP, structural, civil, lighting, AV and landscape consultants.
- General understanding of how buildings are constructed and ability to create construction documents and specifications, with little supervision, that succinctly, thoroughly and accurately describe the work to be done.
- General knowledge of building codes and standards.
- Team-oriented, with strong leadership and relationship management skills; willing to work collaboratively with project team members.
- Assist the project team in the design process and in the production of architectural construction documents on a variety of project types.
- Work under Project Manager’s direction but also independently contribute to project development.
- Performs initial design code analysis with the codes and standard of the authority having jurisdiction.
- Assist in the development of construction documents for assigned projects with some supervision.
- Assist in developing schedules and phasing plans as required for projects.
- Assist in editing and assembly of specifications for assigned projects.
- Provides technical coordination with consulting engineers.
- Following completion of the construction documents; assist with completion of all permit applications, building information forms and associated permit forms.
- Performs various tasks in each of the five project phases: Schematic Design; Design Development; Construction Documents; Bidding and Negotiation; Construction Administration.
- Ability to monitor the project budget of a task or series of tasks and make necessary adjustments to keep on budget.
- Works with Project Manager to maintain good client relations.
Excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Please reply to this post and send your resume, project experience list, work samples/portfolio, and salary requirements. No phone calls please.
Relocation expenses will not be provided.
INTEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: To be considered for this position submit your resume, along with work samples/portfolio, to email@example.com.
Recruiters: Please don’t contact this job poster, and do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.